Sunday, February 11, 2007

Liar


Paul Murray - I'm a liar Australia!


Paul Murray

You know, promises are funny things. You get a promise from a politician, and what's it worth? A promise from a familly man should be worth more right? Maybe maybe not. I wouldn't be the first to doubt the word this particular family man, but I was prepared, along with many other West Australians to give it another try.

On the 10th of January we received a solemn declarion from Mr McGregor that the mould would be removed from the shower by close of business 12th January. I duly announced this on these pages, with, if not faith, then hope.

It is a my sad duty to report that
Mr McGregor has made a liar of me, and suckers of you and the rest of the English speaking world. As of today, the mould remains in situ.

A spokesman from the Heath Department advises that moulds can cause allergies, especially in young children. It can also be a symptom of general uncleanliness in the bathroom area.

Is the condemnation of the health authorities enough for you
Mr McGregor? If not, maybe the threat to your child's health is enough for you.

Where's your BA now Mr McGregor? You might as well use it to wipe up the mould for all the good it's doing you. If you'd come up through the tough school of rural journalism like I have, you'd know that a man's word is his word.

At least that's the Australia I used to know.











Mould in Grouting, McSkimming Street (AAP)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told your people several times, I'M DOING IT!

Mr McGreor